Saturday, August 29, 2009

What's up with the weather??



I know it's still summer, but what is up with this inferno heat. I'm in Downtown LA and it's 91 degrees!!! It's not the heat but the humidity that is killing me and other Angelenos. I can't imagine the people who live in the valley and desert are going through. I'm drinking so much water and sweating it out that I haven't been in the bathroom for the past 6 hours. The last time I felt like this was when I was on the Warped Tour. So how do I keep myself cool? Listening to reggae!

I opened my itunes and searched for all the reggae music I have in my library. You wouldn't believe all of the old school reggae groups I had. They ranged from Bob Marley to Toots & the Maytals to Lee 'Scratch' Perry to The Specials and Hepcat. But I've also been listening to some uprising "new" reggae bands who are bringing back that old school sound and blending it with a little bit of their own. For example, The Aggrolites has branded their own version of this "new" reggae by calling it Dirty Reggae. The Aggrolites are a bunch of cool guys because they were formed in LA and come from different backgrounds. I was also fortunate to hang out with them last year and because I got along with the band and helped them out during our days off, they unofficially named me their SIXTH MEMBER.

Another band I've been listening to is Westbound Train. I've heard of them about 3 years ago. When I heard they were going to be on the Warped Tour this year, I decided to get the latest album (titled Come and Get It). There is this song, "Check Your Time," which I believe will remind everyone of that time that you felt down because of a girl, guy, friend, etc. that left you but needed that lift to live through the pain. It's a good song. When I went to San Diego Warped Tour show, we went to check them out and my buddy, who is into Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Beatles, really enjoyed the band's set list but said that the song that made him like the band was "Check Your Time." Even the front of house for the stage Westbound Played throughout the tour said that the song hits him all the way into his soul.

I really recommend to listen to these songs from the respective bands mentioned above and trust me, you won't be disappointed.


-Unlucky Stuntman




No comments:

Post a Comment